Michael Coren is a journalist based in San Francisco and co-founder of the newsroom and multimedia production house MajorPlanet Studios. He is a contributor to Fast Company, Foreign Policy and other publications reporting on the intersection of science, economics, and the environment. He began his career at newspapers such as the San Jose Mercury News. He joined Cambodia’s Phnom Penh Post as a reporter and later became its managing editor after receiving a Luce Fellowship to report in Asia.
Since then, he has served as the science and environment producer for CNN.com and earned an MESc focused on environmental economics from the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.
- Now You Can Buy Naming Rights To Toilet Paper, Tuna Cans, And Other Everyday Objects--For A Good Cause
- How To Defuse The Population Bomb: Soap Operas
- The Suburbs Might Be The Source Of Power For Cities Of The Future
- Transforming Milwaukee's Vacant Lots Into A New Agricultural Economy
- Hunt Poachers From Your Phone
- Energy Saving In The Most Unlikely Places: A Redesigned Pot That Heats Up Faster
- These Tiny, Personal Submarines Take The Next Step Toward Making Everyone An Explorer
- Skype With Whales On Your Computer For A Relaxing Afternoon
- Can The Lowly Oyster Protect New York City From Floods?
- As Shipping Industry Looks To Lower Emissions, It's Turning To The Past: Sailboats
- How A Traveling Salesforce Of Women Could Bridge Africa's "Last Mile"
- How We'll Grow The Next Generation Of Buildings With Bacteria
- A Stove That Cooks With Molten Salt
- These Data Science Mercenaries Will Make The World A Better Place
- We Need To Treat Antibiotics As A Natural Resource