Michael is a science journalist and co-founder of Publet: a platform to build digital publications that work on every device with analytics that drive the bottom line.
He writes for FastCompany, The Economist, Foreign Policy and others on science, economics, and the environment. His favorite topics are wicked problems -- and discoveries such as how dung beetles rely on the light of the Milky Way to navigate (and all that says about the human condition on Earth).
If not working on Publet or words, he’s in the Pacific or at the Awesome Foundation. Find him at @mj_coren.
- The Quest To Eliminate Debts From Medical Bills
- The U.S. Has Passed "Peak Meat," The Rest Of The World Is Just Getting Started
- The Startup Accelerator That Wants Founders To Move To Africa
- Companies Hit By Water Stress Are Going Into The Conservation Business
- Your Next Status Update: Your STDs
- A Dose Of Nature Helps City Dwellers Fight Their Need For Instant Gratification
- The Next Generation Submarine Will Power Itself Like A Penguin
- Now You Can Buy Naming Rights To Toilet Paper, Tuna Cans, And Other Everyday Objects--For A Good Cause
- How To Defuse The Population Bomb: Soap Operas
- The Suburbs Might Be The Source Of Power For Cities Of The Future
- Transforming Milwaukee's Vacant Lots Into A New Agricultural Economy
- Hunt Poachers From Your Phone
- Energy Saving In The Most Unlikely Places: A Redesigned Pot That Heats Up Faster
- These Tiny, Personal Submarines Take The Next Step Toward Making Everyone An Explorer
- Skype With Whales On Your Computer For A Relaxing Afternoon